How to beat a bus stop parking ticket
The best way to beat a bus stop violation is:
- Be like the dragon, drop-off your passengers from a distance. Stay out of a bus stop zone whenever possible
- Know where a bus stop ends
- Only enter a bus stop zone temporarily (2 minutes or less) to expeditiously drop-off or pick-up a passenger to or from the curb
- Avoid interacting with a bus stop zone at all costs. Tough ticket to beat!
A bus stop zone begins at the bus stop sign, and;
- Extends in the direction of the arrow (s) on the sign
- Until the next parking sign, or;
- If no parking sign, the end of the block
If you do get caught by a warrior in a bus stop zone, fight it if:
- You have a witness who will provide you with a detailed certification containing facts (not conclusions) to persuade a judge to believe you were in and out of the bus stop zone faster than a NY minute
If you don't have a compelling story, with a great witness certification, you may wish to apply for a reduced fine. Again, a tough ticket to beat
[Larry's note: Be like the dragon, drop-off your passengers from a distance. Stay out of a bus stop zone whenever possible].