F.A.Q. about Towing a Vehicle in NYC
There has been a recent spate of NYC parking ticket and tows...
Here are some frequently asked questions:
- Can my car be towed if I do not have any NYC parking tickets in judgment?
- YES. Since all NYC is a tow away zone, a parking ticket warrior has the authority to call for "Captain Hook" any time he/she issues a parking ticket
- What can happen to me and my chariot if I owe the city that never sleeps $101.00 in outstanding parking ticket judgments?
- Your car can be towed by the gendarmes, if you get a parking ticket (It's called a "violation" tow)
- Will my car be towed if I park in NYC and have $350.00 in outstanding parking ticket judgments?
- You betcha! The city marshal and sheriff search for vehicles that have $350.00 or more in parking ticket judgments. If they find your vehicle, it will be towed
- Where can I find my vehicle, if it is towed by the NYPD?
- How can I find out if my vehicle has been towed?
- Call 311
- Call 212-New York (out-of-NYC)
- Locate your vehicle on line. Here's a link. DOF: The Green Page
- After you land on the green page, click the first "GO"
- After you land, insert your plate number, insert a check in the tiny box next to "Has this vehicle been towed," insert the correct data in the "State" and "Type" drop down menus, and click search
- Is there a page on the NYC DOT website that tells me what steps I have to take to redeem my chariot?
- Has Larry published any blog posts on this subject?
- Why does NYC tow my car?
Has your chariot ever been the victim of Captain Hook? Please share your experience. It's how we learn!
If you found this article helpful, you may wish to share it with your friends. Simply click on the above social media buttons of your choice. Thanks, Larry