NYC Parking Ticket Settlement Program ends on Jan. 31st
The NYC DOF pulls the plug
In a highly anticipated move by the NYC Department of Finance, a date certain has been set to end the popular NYC parking ticket fine settlement program. The DOF posted the following notice on its website:
"The Settlement Program is ending January 31, 2012. If you wish to pay the settlement amount, Finance must receive your payment by January 31, 2012, even if it is less than 30 days from the time you agree to this settlement. The fastest way to pay is on-line."
Key take-aways are:
- The current settlement program ends on January, 31, 2012
- The DOF must receive your settlement payment by January 31, 2012
- Here's a link to the NYC DOF Website to secure and pay your settlement on-line. After clicking on the link:
- You will land on, "NYC Serv eService Center Page (Green)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Click on the "GO" button next to "Request Hearing For:"
- Land on, "Request a Hearing"
- Insert your Violation Number (10 digit number on parking ticket)
- You will be whisked to another page
You will be offered a reduced fine, if you parking ticket is eligible
- Please pay your settlement before January 31, 2012
The NYC DOF has instituted a new settlement program
[Larry's note: I subsequently learned after publishing this article that there is no new, smaller scale, NYC parking ticket reduction program available for in-person hearings. Read more...
The Department of Finance anticipates opening a treasure chest of parking ticket gold; but instead, may have unleashed the wrath of the NYC driving community that pays parking ticket fines (no questions asked). Time will tell.
Want to learn how to win a parking ticket appeal? Simply click on the button below:
If you found this article helpful, you may wish to share it with your friends. Simply click on the above social media buttons of your choice. Thanks, Larry